BOARD CERTIFIED FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN - Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare support services company specializing in Medical and Allied Health Staffing, Executive Search, and Outplacement of clinical professionals for both premier private sector and military clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professional and ethical service in the market today and work to cultivate long-term relationships. We have a reputation built on integrity, an expert knowledge of the medical industry and attention to individual client and employee needs. At Fidelity Partners considers our employees to be our most valuable asset and offer a rewarding place to work which fosters both individual and professional growth.
We are currently accepting applications for qualified Board Certified Family Practice Physicianto support one of our military clients at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.
· Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency
· Current board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM)
TYPE OF WORK.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
· Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
· Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
· May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties include:
· Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
· Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
· Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
· Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
· Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
· Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
· All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions.
· Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries including but not limited to conditions of the:
Skin Pulmonary System
Head Gastrointestinal System
Eyes Musculoskeletal System
Ears Genitourinary System
Nose Reproductive System
Throat Lymphatic System
Cardiovascular System Endocrine System
Psychiatric and Behavioral Health
· Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
Basic Life Support
Advanced Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Secure and maintain an adequate airway to include endotracheal intubation
Cardioversion of life threatening arrhythmias
Simple minor surgical procedures: punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions
Simple abscess incision and drainage
Sling or swath injuries
Suture simple laceration
Cultures (throat, wound)
Remove ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies
Clearing of ears by flush technique
Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when appropriate
Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor lacerations
Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret results
Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret results
Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications as appropriate
Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine injuries as appropriate
Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to extremities
· Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
· Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
· Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
Interested candidates may apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resumes to 210-568-4518.
EOE. Drug screen and eligibility to receive a security clearance with the Federal Government required
Thank you for providing us your candidacy request we will review your background and qualifications to determine a potential match for this opportunity, if we determine you are a good fit one of our executive recruiters will contact you as soon as possible to discuss next steps, if you are not we will retain your information in our database for future opportunity.